Attention Citizens Policyholders: Important Homeowners/Dwelling Fire Policy Changes
We want to keep you informed of significant policy changes to your Citizens homeowners/dwelling fire policy. We have compiled an abbreviated version of the changes Citizens is making to your policy. Additional changes will be explained in detail in the Notice of Change in Policy Terms that are included in your renewal offer.
Please read the Notice of Change in Policy Terms carefully. We may have other renewal options for you.
- Aluminum carports
- Screen enclosures
- Patios and awnings
- Tiki huts
- Or similar structures
**If you currently have any of these structures and you renew(ed) with Citizens, this coverage will be/was automatically terminated. No buyback is available.
2. Citizens is lowering the maximum limit available for:
- Personal Liability Coverage – reduced from $300,000 to $100,000.
- Mold Coverage – reduced from $25,000 to $10,000.
3. Citizens is reducing Other Structures and Personal Property coverage:
- Coverage B – Other Structures – is decreasing from 10% to 2% of Coverage A
For example, if you have your home insured for $200,000 (Coverage A) your coverage for other structures would decrease from $20,000 to $4,000. Please contact us to buy back this coverage.
- Coverage C – Personal Property – is decreasing from 50% to 25% of Coverage A
For example, if you have your home insured for $200,000 (Coverage A) your coverage for your personal property would decrease from $100,000 to $50,000. Please contact us to buy back this coverage.
4. If you currently have Sinkhole Loss Coverage, a mandatory 10% Sinkhole Loss deductible will be applied if you renew your policy. No buy back is available.
**This is a just a partial list of coverage changes. These coverage changes are significant. Please contact us with any questions.**